CSCAR consultants work with UM affiliated researchers in all areas where data and computation play a role.
CSCAR staff have expertise in the following areas (feel free to contact us even if you are not sure whether your needs fit into one of these areas):
- Formulation of research aims and development of plans for data collection and analysis
- Statistical study design issues including power analysis and sample size assessment
- Descriptive statistics and statistical graphics
- Interpretation and presentation of statistical findings
- Modeling of data, including regression techniques, and advanced modeling techniques for dependent and partially observed data
- Methods for very large and high dimensional data sets
- Issues related to missing data, biased sampling, and causal inference
- Analysis of spatial and geographic data
- Design and analysis of sample surveys
- Prediction and forecasting
- Implementation and optimization of algorithms for statistical computations
- Text mining and statistical text analysis
- Analysis of categorical data
- Data mining, including clustering and dimension reduction
- Strategies for management of large and complex data
- Statistical analysis of images
- Time series analysis
- Biostatistical analyses
CSCAR consultants can advise clients on the use of a number of statistical and technical software packages. Supported software includes SPSS, SAS, Stata, R, Python, Matlab, LISREL/AMOS, HLM, NQuery/Pass, IVEWare, JMP, and MPlus.
CSCAR consultants have extensive experience with research proposals, and can advise clients on how to best present the components of a proposal relating to data collection and analysis.
CSCAR consultants have extensive experience with research manuscripts, and can advise clients on effective presentation of quantitative and empirical findings for various audiences.