CSCAR consultants have years of experience working with researchers in all areas where data and computation play a role.
Areas of Expertise
CSCAR staff have expertise in the areas listed below (feel free to contact us even if you are not sure whether your needs fit into one of these areas):
- Formulation of research aims and development of plans for data collection and analysis
- Statistical study design issues including power analysis and sample size assessment
- Management of very large datasets using advanced tools and computing infrastructure
- Profiling, optimization, verification and debugging strategies for data analysis and numerical code
- Modeling of data, including regression techniques, and advanced modeling techniques for dependent and partially observed data
- Interpretation and presentation of statistical findings
- Analytic methods for very large and high dimensional data sets
- Issues related to missing data, biased sampling, and causal inference
- Analysis of spatial and geographic data, including GIS software
- Descriptive statistics and statistical graphics
- Design and analysis of sample surveys, including analysis of complex sample surveys and methods for assessing survey error
- Data visualization
- Prediction and forecasting
- Implementation and optimization of algorithms for statistical computations
- Text mining and statistical text analysis
- Analysis of categorical data
- Data mining, including clustering and dimension reduction
- Strategies for management of large and complex data
- Statistical analysis of images, sound and video
- Time series analysis
- Biostatistical analyses
CSCAR consultants have deep expertise in R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Stata, C++, and Fortran. In addition, we can advise clients on the use of a number of other statistical and technical software packages, including:
CSCAR consultants have extensive experience with research manuscripts and the manuscript review process. We can advise clients about resolving questions and concerns relating to analytic approaches, and effective presentation of quantitative and empirical findings for various audiences.
CSCAR consultants have extensive experience with proposals for research funding, and can advise clients on how to effectively present the aspects of a proposal relating to data collection, analysis, and computation.
Schedule a consultation
Submit an appointment request online, or call our front desk (764-7828) to request an appointment. Appointments can be held in our Rackham offices, or remotely by phone, Skype, or Google Plus.
Some questions can be addressed by e-mail. Statistics questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; research computing questions to email@example.com; and data science questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use your U-M email address when using this service.