Stata 1: Introduction to Stata
January 25 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Modern Languages Building (MLB), Room 2001A
Note: Topics are subject to change.
- Basics – Interfacing with Stata, Do-files, getting help.
- Working with Data Sets – Importing, opening, and saving data files.
- Data Management – Getting familiar with your data, adding informative labels, basic checks for issues.
- Data Manipulation – Generating new variables, working with subsets of data, merging files, reshaping files.
- Programming – A basic and gentle introduction to some of the more advanced Stata programming.
- Note: This workshop does not cover any statistical modeling; see Stata 2: Statistical Modeling in Stata for those topics.
To register for CSCAR Workshops, call the CSCAR front desk at (734) 764-7828 or come to the office in person with cash or check or a UM 6-digit department shortcode:
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Closed 12pm – 1:00 p.m. every Tuesday for staff meeting.
Voice: (734) 764-7828 (4-STAT from a campus phone)
Fax: (734) 647-2440
Consulting for Statistics, Computing and Analytics Research (CSCAR)
The University of Michigan
915 E. Washington St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1070