Statistics: A Review
September 12 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Rackham Building, Earl Lewis Room, 3rd Floor East
A one-day, intensive review of common statistical methods of design, measurement analysis and presentation of scientific investigations. The workshop is designed for any scholar engaged in quantitative research. Statistics: A Review discusses answers to the following questions:
- What should we measure?
- What are the main design types; what are the comparative advantages of each?
- How are the sample sizes determined?
- What are the appropriate inference procedures?
- What do standard error, p-value and confidence level mean?
- What are some dangers we need to avoid?
- How should we display our results?
- What are the statistical software options?
To register for CSCAR Workshops, call the CSCAR front desk at (734) 764-7828 or come to the office in person with cash or check or a UM department shortcode:
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Closed 12pm – 1:00 p.m. every Tuesday for staff meeting.
Voice: (734) 764-7828 (4-STAT from a campus phone)
Fax: (734) 647-2440
Consulting for Statistics, Computing and Analytics Research (CSCAR)
The University of Michigan
915 E. Washington St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1070