- This event has passed.
Introduction to Stata
September 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Modern Languages Building (MLB), Room 2001A
- By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Work with Stata, including using Do-files and using the help system.
- Get data into Stata and manage your data files
- Establish familiarity with your data
- Clean the data to prepare it for analysis
- Check for basic errors in the data
- Generate new variables or manipulate existing variables
- Merge or reshape the data.
- Produce summary tables and descriptive statistics.
- Note: This workshop does not cover any statistical modeling; see the series of free workshops on TeachTech (http://teachtech.umich.edu/) for these topics.
(Topics subject to change)
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Closed 12pm – 1:00 p.m. every Tuesday for staff meeting.
Voice: (734) 764-7828 (4-STAT from a campus phone)
Fax: (734) 647-2440
Consulting for Statistics, Computing and Analytics Research (CSCAR)
The University of Michigan
915 E. Washington St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1070