- This event has passed.
Introduction to Stata
September 25, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Modern Languages Building (MLB), Room 2001A
Audience: Those who have never used Stata before but wish to learn.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Work with Stata, including using Do-files and using the help system
- Get data into Stata and manage your data files
- Establish familiarity with your data
- Clean the data to prepare it for analysis
- Check for basic errors in the data
- Generate new variables or manipulate existing variables
- Merge or reshape the data
- Produce summary tables and descriptive statistics
Note: This workshop does NOT cover any statistical modeling.
Note: This workshop is based on Stata 15; it does not cover the new features in Stata 16.
See upcoming workshop “Stata 16 New Data Management Features” for that material.